I realize I haven’t updated this blog in awhile…
I’ve been making these Hand Rail Columns along the length of both Bulwarks, coming down from the Poop Deck. I made the Taffrail supports out of some 2mm x 3mm Stock.
I was telling my son yesterday that I think I messed up on these Handrails. I made the Bulwark a bit too high.
Although… Looking at the table for this ship, the Handrails are high anyway for the scale of this ship at 1/75 scale. The men would have to reach above their heads in order to reach it. So, I figure that these Handrails are meant more for when the men are climbing so I don’t mind it being a bit higher.
I’ve kind of messed up this model anyway with the Gun Ports. The Gun Ports the way they are do annoy me and they probably will keep annoying me ’til the end. However, I’m going to keep working on it just because, just because…
Just attached the front part of the Poop deck to the Deck.
When installing this Taffrail… I installed a little 5mm x 2mm stock behind it in order to being back the rear end of it.
I then am putting in these Walnut strips in order to make the Taffrail appear Vertical. Or that’s the plan that is.
(I won’t mention that I kind of messed up with the Taffrail…)
That piece above?… When I was first opening the kit up, I inadvertently broke it. It’s the front part of the Poop deck. The part that drops down from the Poop deck to the Quarterdeck.
What I’m doing now is gluing two 5mm wide strips together to get 10mm… Then, I’m going to paint it Black and glue it “behind” the Poop deck Strip. Then, I will bolster it some more with a couple of other pieces before gluing it on to the Deck. This part will be the front of the Poop deck.
I used the Titebond Translucent Glue for this.
I’m staring work on the Taffrail above the Transom.
Right now, I’m bending it using the bend of the Taffrail as the Jig. Probably will have to keep it there a long while until it’s nice and dried and has the Stern curve in it.