Moving along from the Jolly Boat… Phew… I’m glad that’s over!!!
I probably should have put the handrails along the hatch before I put the boat in but I just wanted to get the boat out of the way..
I ended up breaking one and I tried drilling it out and ended up drilling into the deck… Ugh… It’s barely noticeable so I’m just going to leave it…
Yeah… That did the trick with the Windows.
I’m finally getting around to attaching the Rudder. I’ve been delaying it until I finished most of the “on my lap” parts. Which means, I would work on it on my lap.
I’m going to first take the thickness of the Rudder down a bit… Perhaps by 3/4 of its size to start before attaching the Rudder Pintles.
I can’t really put the Gudgeons on the Stempost beforehand.
I’m making these Pintles out of this laser cut sheet of brass. Then I stuck a #18 Wire in there to act as the Pin that will fit in the Gudgeons that glue into the Stern Post.
Bending these 2 Walnut 1x3mm for the after Handrails.
As before with bending, I soaked them in Ammonia + Water for a couple of hours.
I had to use some flexible beechwood which I cut down to approximately 1x3mm
I swear this Flexible Beechwood works great for this sort of application.
The only drawback is that it’s really expensive. The only source I could find for it was from Modelers Central and I’d say just for a couple of strips it cost me about $30 bucks!