Transom

Attaching the Transom to the Stern.

This was another piece that I had to make a lot of adjustments to make it fit.

I had to add these little spacers in order to make the slope underneath the after cabin more asthetically appealing.

Also, I noticed that the bulkhead wasn’t quite aligned right so I took about 1mm off the Port side.

Adding some blocks to support the sloping section underneath the Transom
Gluing in the Sloping section “Drop” under Transom

I really had to fiddle with it to get it to fit! This section is made out of Beech wood… However I think I could have accomplished the same thing with any wood, even Balsa.

Transom completed
Yes it took a lot of filing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.