I’ve been working on these Midship Hatches now for probably around a day. I started and had to restart because I really messed up on the first try. I didn’t do too bad with the taller Door Hatch though.
Anyway I’m currently putting hinges and handles on them.
The Flat Hatch, I made using some of that Mahogany stock that’s 3mm wide. Then I used 1.5 x4mm Walnut to frame it. Also, I used my Motosaw to simulate it being a door by cutting into it and filling I in with a lead pencil.
Here’s the Flat Hatch…
The Door Hatch, I made using a piece of Beech Wood that was pre-shaped by Mamoli. I then used 1x2mm Walnut to cover it and to use the 1×1 to make the door frames and I will also use it for the base.
I’m not quite finished yet. I still have to put the baseboards around the Door Hatch.