Stem and Keel

I think that I’m ready to install the Stem and the Keel.

Making sure alignment is right with the Stem
Stem and Prow gluing in with Rubber Band vise

I thought I was going to need some Putty for the Prow, but it was probably unnecessary. Hmmm…

I tested the first Keel out and it looked like it was going to fit perfectly.

This is one time that I wish I had a couple more of these DeWalt Clamps.

Gluing in Keel

I got the entire Keel glued on. So far, so good. I was a bit worried about how it was going to turn out but I’m pretty happy with it.

Keel on
It has only the most slightest now. Barely discernable to the eye.

While sanding the Stern section of the Keel, I took advantage of the Sawdust that I was sanding off… I moved them over to where this gap was on the Keel and I filled it with both the Sawdust and White Titebond Glue.

Filled it with White Glue and Sawdust

I guess that mixture of Glue and Sawdust is the age old standby for Putty.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.