Here I’m bending 2 #12 Strakes on the Plank Bender so that I can get more of a gradual bend.
Also, I didn’t bother to taper the after party. I’m leaving that until the end to be able to adjust the ticknesses of the final upper band Planks.
On the Strakes… As they come to the back, under the Transom. Well, I found out the hard way to not cut the excess off until the glue sets. The reason being, the excess gives your Clamp something to grab on to.
Well, the bow section of #12 Starboard side went in… But only just. The limit on the pressure was definitely there.
I had to use some Superglue interspersed with the Titebond for this one. They kind of got mixed together and it became a bit gooey.
I’m pretty happy with how all the Strakes ended up at just about where the Batten was. I almost hit it right on the nose! 🤭🤣