The reason I collect Sawdust is because I use it in conjunction with White Glue for making Putty to fill in gaps.
I am adding my first Cheater so the upper quadrant Stern Section doesn’t bend so much.
I made a Wedge that is approximately 13 Cm long from where it’s 5 mm all the way to the end of the wedge which is basically a thin piece to fill in the gap as good as possible.
I had a couple of strips of some Maple Wood which I sacrificed in using it for these Battens. This separates the top section from the bottom.
I’m down to Planking the Hull portion now.
After I finish planking 3 Rows of the Sapelle Wood Planks with no tapering, I will begin the tapered upper section planks that are above the Battens which I haven’t figured out yet.
I just finished Planking the Forecastle Deck. I call these the side jobs while I wait for glue to dry on the other aspects of the build.
I use Titebond Translucent Wood Glue for the rest.
Like I mentioned before, I use Dap Contact Cement for the Bow Section. I swear it’s a miracle Glue! Holds really strong!
Then for the rest, I use Titebond Translucent Glue. I love this Glue! Very strong holding once set.
I only realized this. When you soak the Basswood Strips in a Combination of around 1:10 Ratio of Ammonia to Water, this treatment changes the color of the wood to this beautiful patina…
That’s one thing that you can never have enough of are Clamps.
I used Contact Cement and SuperGlue too glue the Sheer Strakes across the Bow.
I’ve started fairing the Stern portion of the Hull… Especially under the Transom.
I’m using a File to file down the Bulkheads so that the Planks will lie flat across them.
You file down 2 Bulkheads at a time until the file lies flat across them.
I also use Sandpaper on a Holder…
I’m using 120 Grit Sandpaper paper. It cuts just enough but to too hard.