I’m using 1mm Black Hemp line for the Shrouds. I found that they need Pre-Stretching and unwinding so that they become straight.
Once the line is unwound and straight,bit makes a beautiful straight line.
Here’s the first one. The knot I used to secure the top is a Clove hitch with an extra locking loop.
So far, I have the Burton Pendants and the 1st pair Shrouds on the Starboard side.
I decided that the 1mm Line was too thick so I changed to .7mm Line. Which necessitated unwinding and stretching of the .7mm line.
I used a Clove Hitch with extra loops to tie it off.
So… On the Deadeyes. I probably should make an entire Post on this subject. In the meantime, this his how the Seizing looks.
Installing Burton Pendants. I used some 3.5mm Bulls Eyes that I bought from Model Expo.
These are the Deadeyes for the Foremast Top. I figured I better put all these in… As well as the Shrouds.
Putting in the 2 Bowsprit Shrouds. These are the ones that go sort of on the Trailboard, underneath the Cathead.
It’s to prevent lateral movement of the Bowsprit.
I just used a couple of 3.5mm Bullseyes and I looped the .7mm Hemp line around it and Seized it with the usual Clove Hitch, French Loops with some Sewing String.
I ordered some Hearts but they haven’t arrived yet.
As I was working on the Rigging for the Bowsprit, I realized that I needed to put the Figurehead on before the area gets too crowded with Line.
Anyway, I used some Aleene’s Rapid Dry. I love the Instant Grip of this glue and the tight hold it has.
The ends of the Boomkins have a DeadEye and a Block with a Ring on the ends.
I Superglued some Brass Eye Rings on the ends of 2 Blocks.
I used a Clove Hitch with an extra loop to secure the Deadeye to the Boomkin. Same with the rest of them.
Just finished the first one of these Bobstays
Anyway, I put the Deadeye on the end of the Black .7mm Griffin line that I just bought.
Then I looked it through the 1mm Hole in the Stem and Seized the line on itself… Like so…
Then I made the connection with the small line.
I am preparing to Gammon the Bowsprit to the Stem…
I Seized the end of some .7mm Hemp line into a Loop.
On the Seizing… I just made a Clove Hitch for the initial loop to secure the loop. Then I worked my way up using French Loops. Then a double loop to secure.
I used French Loops all the way down… Seemed to work ok…. It’s tight too!!!