Tag Archives: deadeyes

Mizzen Top Mast

I started this whole thing by aligning all the Deadeyes into the proper position and then Supergluing it into position.

I had a problem with some of my earlier ones where the Superglue plugged up the Deadeyes holes so I made sure they were open by pushing through a Needle through each hole.

Deadeyes being glued into position

Making Deadeyes
Mizzen Top Mast Shrouds done

Fore Topmast Shrouds

First 2 Deadeyes

On these Fore Topmast Shrouds, I put the smaller Deadeyes in with the anchor through the side of the Top. I had to put some Superglue on them to hold them tight.

I use a Clove Hitch with several loops. Then I fix the knot with Superglue. I found that Superglue works pretty good for this work… Although be careful not to bend it else it will break.

What I do is to tie a Clove hitch around a loop, then I pull it tight and cinch the knot.

Spacing Jig for Topmast Shrouds

Port side done
Starboard side done…

DeadEye Spacing Tool

I just made this Spacer that you put between your Deadeyes so that they come out at the same distance on the Shrouds above the Deadeye on the Channels.

Anyway, it works out to being 20mm apart… So I gave it 21mm to give it some wiggle room and stretching space…

It’s made out of a Popsicle Stick.

Bottom View
Top View

The idea is to slip the pins on the bottom into the Deadeye and slide the one from the Shrouds on to the top one. Then take down the slack on the Shrouds and serve the end.

Bobstay with Deadeyes

Just finished the first one of these Bobstays

Anyway, I put the Deadeye on the end of the Black .7mm Griffin line that I just bought.

Then I looked it through the 1mm Hole in the Stem and Seized the line on itself… Like so…

Line seized on itself
Seized Deadeye

Then I made the connection with the small line.

Both Bobstays are now on…

Deadeyes into Forward Channels

Channels before sanding down the Notches
After sanding notches out and drilling Holes for the Deadeyes
Just taking a picture of the 1st one… I’m not sure if this is right, but I’m just going to leave it so the Gun Port Door will be able to open.
Port side Forward Channel done
Starboard side Forward Channel pre sanding
Testing out Gun Port Door
Holes for Deadeyes
Sorry… Got distracted with other stuff…